3 c rolled oats
2 T butter
1/2 c honey
1/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c slivered almonds (optional)
1. Melt butter, mix with honey and brown sugar.
2. Stir into oats until they are evenly coated.
3. Drizzle two tablespoons of hot water over bowl of oats, stir.
4. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
5. Place in 315-degree oven and stir every 15 minutes until they are Golden Brown and Delicious, around 15-20 minutes. Oats will get crispier as they cool, so be sure to pull a spoonful out and cool it to test. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
For the complete essay, click here: On Granola, Volume I
© 2011, OnBlank.com.